A Brief Company History
Founded 1978 by Nick and Vita Galinac, GTI Precision Components has provided custom machined metal components to its customers with a clear focus on service and quality ever since. GTI is a small, family-owned business located 45 minutes west of Atlanta Georgia.
Like so many small machine shops, GTI was started in the family home basement with its owners as the sole employees. Today GTI occupies its own 10,000 sq. ft. facility employing a staff of 9 people who provide the precision and quality our high-tech industry customers demand. In 1994 Mike Galinac joined GTI and today actively manages the business as part of the family team.
Since day one the vision of GTI has been to serve our customers and gain their satisfaction and trust. It is the repeat business of our customers that has been the lifeblood that has allowed us reinvest, improve, and grow. Company-wide, adding and maintaining customers is something we don’t take lightly. Our goal is to continually improve our processes and strive to be more dynamic so existing and new customers look to GTI as a valued machined components supplier in their supply chain.
Vision And Culture
Since day one the vision of GTI Precision Components has been to serve our customers and gain their satisfaction and trust. It is the repeat business of our customers that has been the lifeblood which has allowed us to reinvest, improve, and grow. Companywide, adding and maintaining customers is something we don’t take lightly. Our goal is to continually improve our processes and strive to be more dynamic. We want our customers look to at GTI Precision Components a valued resource in their supply chain.
- Investing in leading edge technology
- Finding the best methods to remain competitive while maintaining quality
- LEAN initiatives including standardization in tooling and machining techniques
- Documentation of best practices
- Cross training
- Constant focus on customer requirements, on-time delivery, JIT
- Holding ourselves accountable
- Mie-Track ERP
- We serve select hi-tech industries where our expertise allows us to deliver product “to print” the first time and each time after.
- Refining our knowledge and understanding of the functionality of specific part types takes the guess work out of new projects and shortens lead times to our customers.
- We have built our inspection capabilities stride for stride with our manufacturing capabilities. We pride ourselves on a qualitative perspective vs. a quantitative one. Some many shops look at inspection equipment as non-profit generating investment. Nothing could be farther from the truth
- Agility: respond to customer down situations, stocking programs
- Superior Communication with our customers throughout the production process
Our Commitment To Quality
GTI Precision Components quality assurance program is a reflection of the high standards we aspire to in all areas of our company. Constant improvement is a daily objective to which everyone at GTI contributes. It is our commitment to deliver zero-defect parts, with proper accompanying documentation, packed properly to protect against loss in shipment.
Key points that insure you get what you ordered:
- Validating customer PO’s: Correct part numbers and rev level of prints, and 3D models, materials, secondary processes, assembly requirement, T & C and customer’s notes.
- Material is ordered, inspected and labeled upon receiving.
- First Articles are machined, inspected and documented.
- Rigorous in-process inspection is done throughout the production process with our CMM and benchtop measuring instruments
- Parts are inspected, before and after secondary processing and assembly
- 100% final inspection